According to British media, the publisher of the tabloid Mail on Sunday lost in the last phase of the legal battle against the Duchess of Sussex, who sued them because they published a letter she wrote to her father Thomas Markle .
Court also rejected an attempt at appeals by the Associated Newspapers, which publishes Mail Online, the Daily Mail, as well as its Sunday version of Mail on Sunday, to hold a trial for publishing parts of Meghan’s letter to her father, which the Duchess of Sussex believes violated her privacy.
Thanks to this decision, Meghan Markle should not appear at the trial, where her father Thomas Markle would also appear as one of the witnesses. By the way, a judge of the High Court had already ruled in favor of the Duchess earlier this year in the case of her privacy and copyright, and this decision has now been officially confirmed.
Meghan Markle’s lawyers said her August 2018 letter to her father was’ very personal ‘and that’ it is understandable that it should have been kept secret ‘, while she herself said:’ The damage they have done and continue to do is great. ‘