You must have had mornings when you woke up sleepy, without the energy you need for daily commitments.
With shorter days and cold weather, this phenomenon is even more common.
Aside from going to bed earlier, there is one simple thing you can do every morning to get the energy you need quickly.
Breathing instructor Gwen Dietmar recommends the “4-4-4-4 breathing technique” which slows the heart rate, deepens concentration, and increases our efficiency.
Apply it in the morning to wake up or in the middle of the day if you are sleepy, and it is effective even before an important meeting that requires extra concentration.
Here’s what to do:
- Start by letting all the air out of your chest and holding your breath for 4 seconds.
- Breathe through your nose for 4 seconds.
- Hold your breath at the begining of the inhale for 4 seconds.
- Exhale through your nose for 4 seconds.
- Hold your breath at the end of the exhale for 4 seconds.
Repeat this technique for 5 minutes, and after that, you will feel awake and energetic.